Sunday, January 2, 2011

Scrapbooking Goals 2011

Happy New Year! The holidays are drawing to a close, the decorations are being put away (the gifts are another story!), the kids are going back to school. Now it's time to jump back into scrapbooking.

Before I jump ahead, though, I did take a look back at my scrapbooking accomplishments for 2010. I've been keeping a tally of the pages I complete each month for probably five years now. I think it has something to do with my latent, undiagnosed OCD. In 2010 I completed a whopping 214 pages, with the highest percentage of them being done in the first three months of the year. After that is when our family's activity level seemed to increase exponentially, leaving less time for my own pursuits. With all these completed pages, you'd think I'd be somewhere near caught up, too. No such luck. I do have my boys' albums relatively current, i.e., I'm working on this past summer. My album is now officially two years behind!

I think 2009 could go down as "The Year Without a Scrapbook." I have the pictures printed, but just can't seem to get to them. I think they may go to an even further back burner, since I have, in my mind anyway, decided that one of my scrapbooking goals for 2011 is to complete my Disney album from our trip last April. My goal is to complete that album before our next Disney World vacation, which is tentatively scheduled for December 2011.

Before that vacation, however, is actually going to be a Disney Cruise in April! My in laws surprised us on Christmas by telling us that they were taking us all on this vacation ("us all" being my in laws, the four of us, and my husband's brother and his family, for a total of nine). My attentions are now torn, therefore, between wanting to catch up on scrapbooking and trolling the Disney planning sites. I know, not a bad situation to be in. We are truly blessed.

I'm hoping to catch a wave of January motivation and match my forty completed scrapbook pages from last January. If I find one, I'll try and send it your way.

No comments:

Post a Comment