Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas!

Christmas is upon us at last, and it seems I finally have taken the time to sit down and post. The past few weeks have been a whirlwind, between tae kwon do testing, art shows, school plays, Cub Scouts. Amidst all this, I did get my knitting finished, gifts wrapped, and cookies baked. We've even managed to watch a few holiday movies and I did a few scrapbook pages.

This morning I am enjoying the calm before the storm, as it were. Christmas Eve in our family entails two church services. The boys perform their play at 5:00, and hubby sings in the choir at 7:00. Normally I would miss the second service to sing in my own contemporary service, but that isn't happening this year. I'll miss spending part of Christmas Eve with friends that I've sung with for ten years, but I admit it will be nice to do a little less running around.

The boys didn't wake up until 8:00 this morning, which is late for them. I know it is very much wishful thinking, but I would love a repeat performance tomorrow. How is it that kids innately know that it's Christmas morning? I'll just have to check before I go to bed to make sure they don't have alarms set to help them out.

We will spend Christmas Day with my husband's parents and then the next day my parents and sister will arrive from PA. There is no such thing as a relaxing holiday in our house.

I'll finish up with one of my five-minute layouts. This is our family's Christmas card from this year. Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment