Thursday, January 27, 2011

New Batch of Layouts

I have five more pages to go to match my January 2010 page total. I will try to make it, but the flooring project will reach my scrapbook area soon, so I may be out of commission for a few days. Plus, I am told that my workspace must be disassembled in order to complete the project. I wanted a new desk/table anyway, so that process may speed up, at least.

In case you've wondered how I can get so many pages done, I'll share my secrets: 1) I only clean enough to keep the vermin away (and not at all while the house is in construction mode!), 2) My kids spend way too much time watching TV and/or playing on the computer, and 3) I subscribe to the KISS method of scrapbooking--Keep It Simple, Stupid! You'll notice that I don't do any fancy techniques. I use very few embellishments. I scrap 4x6 photos. I hand write most of my journaling. These simple things definitely help expedite the process. I don't necessarily feel I am sacrificing quality, either. My primary focus as a scrapbooker is preserving memories. The photos and the stories are what are important to me, not that I used the latest and greatest stuff. However, I do prefer using my newer DCWV Stacks to my old Slabs that date back to 2003!

Here are a few of my newest pages:

 Papers: DCWV
Cricut Cartridges: Mickey Font, Opposites Attract

 Papers: DCWV
Cricut Cartridge: All Mixed Up
Border Punch: Fiskars
Date Stamp: Making Memories

Papers: DCWV
Cricut Cartridges: Lyrical Letters, Stretch Your Imagination
Border Punch: EK Success

Since I'm working on my album now, and not the boys', you'll start seeing more pink. I end up with so much pink paper, I try to make it work whenever I can. I've been working on our 2009 Spring Break trip. At least that should be finished before this year's Spring Break. If I really get moving, I could even finish before the end of the month, but I have a feeling the floor just might stop me. We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment