Thursday, January 13, 2011

More TKD Pages and Album Debate

I decided to press on and finish up the rest of the taekwondo  pages for now. I don't know about you, but when I end up with a lot of pages to do for the same type of event (whether it be Christmas, birthday, etc), I start getting a little annoyed at them. The TKD pages are feeling especially challenging, since everything looks the same.  I'm happy to be done with them for awhile, since it will likely be at least a year before I get to my own 2010 scrapbook. I will try and get the boys' books caught up sometime before then, but maybe I will have some fresh ideas by that time.

Anyway, here they are. These are all for my older son. You may notice that, although I didn't copy the pages exactly from my other son's album, I did use the same title elements on some of them.



Now I have just six more pages to go to meet my January goal of getting the boys' albums caught up. I'm also wrestling with the dilemma of just how many pages to cram into one album. For my boys, after their first year, I have managed to stuff two years into one album. My nine year old's current album contains all of 2009 and half of 2010. If I try and squeeze the rest of the year in it, it will contain almost 50 page protectors (or 100 pages). I know I put way more pages in an album than it should comfortably hold, but this will even be a stretch for me. This is also the first three-ring album I've tried (I usually use post-bound), and I don't think it can hold any more. Now the great debate is whether to break down and break up the album into two separate years or find another album that could possibly hold everything.

The irony in all this is that I thought I had cut down on my picture taking, in part to avoid this problem. I know I have streamlined my scrapbooking process, in that I do a lot more one page layouts for events when in the past I had done two page layouts. I suppose I just have more events now to make those one page layouts of.

Maybe I should just get all the pages finished that need to go in his album, see what the grand total is, and then decide where to put them. That album I bought this morning can always end up being my elusive 2009 scrapbook!

No comments:

Post a Comment