Thursday, January 20, 2011

Scrapping Snow Day

Today was the fifth snow day of the school year. We seem to have so many around here that they are not something we look forward to. The boys kept themselves surprisingly well-entertained for several hours that did not involve electronic devices. Of course, this meant more things for me to clean up, seeing that they were making use of their Christmas "food toys," ie, the Easy Bake Oven and the DQ Blizzard Maker.

In between cleaning flour off the counters and pieces of a broken bowl off the floor, I got some more scrapbook pages done. I have fallen back into my chronological pattern, since I spent the other night setting up the first half of my 2009 album. I feel a real sense of accomplishment, though, since I can say that I am now officially less than two years behind, as I am working on pages from March 2009.

Here is my latest batch of pages. I didn't do all of these today. I've discovered that it is easier for me to scan my pages in batches, rather than one at a time, since my laptop is not connected to my scanner.
Papers: K & Co. and Provo Craft
Border punch: Martha Stewart

Sketch:  Amy Alvis Papers: DCWV
Letter Stickers: Frances Meyer
Snowflakes: Cricut Joys of the Season, Stickles

Sketch: Amy Alvis Papers: Provo Craft (really old ones, too!), DCWV
Title: Cricut Lyrical Letters

Papers: DCWV
Cardstock sticker: Paper Studio
Border Punch: Fiskars

Papers: DCWV


Sketch: Amy Alvis Papers: DCWV, Provo Craft
Cricut Cartridges: Lyrical Letters, Mini Monograms, Joys of the Season

We already got the call that tomorrow is another snow day (I am not surprised), so maybe I'll get some more pages done. I don't know, though. The boys did pretty well today. I'm afraid I won't be so lucky with their behavior tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment