Wednesday, February 9, 2011

New Table, New Pages

Well, I didn't surpass last January's forty completed scrapbook pages. The flooring project started sooner than I (and my hubby) anticipated, so I was unable to get any scrapping done for about a week. For the record, my January 2011 page total was thirty-five, which is still nothing to sneeze at.

My husband and his dad did a wonderful job installing new laminate flooring on our entire first floor. During the process, my scrapbook "desk" was disassembled. I use the term "desk" loosely, as it was really a piece of shelving screwed to my storage cubes. It was not the ideal situation, but it served the purpose. Taking it apart and putting it back together, however, weakened it even further, so I decided the time was right for a new table. In case I haven't mentioned it before, my scrapbook space is actually in our living room. I am gradually taking it over as mine, just as my hubby has overtaken the dining room as his home office (we do also have a family room, where the couches and TV are, so it's all good!)

I tried various configurations of my stuff, finally settling on what I have now. So far, I am happy with this set up.
There is even enough room left by the windows for me to add two chairs and a small table. As of now, I'm thinking red!

I've been able to break in my new space by getting some more pages done from our 2009 spring break trip. I'm a little excited that I only have one more two-page spread to do and that trip will be finished. At least I will have one spring break trip scrapped before this year's is upon us.

Here are my new table's inaugural pages:

Papers: Provo Craft, DCWV
Border Punch: Martha Stewart


Papers: DCWV
Cricut Cartridges: Stretch Your Imagination, Mini Monograms
Letter Stickers: American Crafts, Provo Craft
Sketch: Amy Alvis

1 comment:

  1. Wow...look at that awesome floor underneath that stuff in the picture :P

    ReplyDelete