Thursday, October 21, 2010

New Obession

I have really gotten out of scrapping mode, since I have acquired a new obsession--Fantasy Disney Vacation Planning! We just took our first family trip to Disney World in April of this year, but somehow I'm already pining for another. We would all love to go back, but don't know when it will be in the cards again, financially-speaking. However, this hasn't stopped me from trolling the planning sites and message boards, looking for deals and pricing out trips. The new-found obsession started barely a week ago, and I've already been pricing out trips for four different time periods. My initial thought was for spring break next April, having had such a great time at that time of year (and getting extremely lucky from a crowd standpoint). Next, I was thinking Christmas 2011. I know the time between Christmas and New Year's is insane, but I was thinking the week before Christmas and telling myself it wouldn't quite as crazy. My next fantasy was a sans-kids trip for hubby and me to celebrate my 40th birthday in February (no kids because I refuse to take them out of school for vacation). Finally, my latest hare-brained scheme was to go the week before Christmas THIS year, as in eight weeks from now. I got lured in by the possibility of a free dining plan. Having not looked at any message boards (yet!) today, I am coming to my senses, and realizing that another Disney trip this year is simply not feasible. So, I think I will try and hold out for Christmas next year, since we would love to see the parks decorated for the holidays.

Now that I got that out of my system, here is one of my latest pages for my oldest son's album.
I love using sketches from this blog I was so excited to find there are actually still people out there who scrap 4x6 photos consistently. There are some other wonderful sketch sites out there, but I would always have trouble making them work for my photos. So, thank you Amy, for providing such a great resource!

In other scrap-related news, I went to JoAnn's today to check for the new DCWV Christmas Stacks. I told myself I would refrain from buying the fall one this year and hold out for a new Christmas one. Yes, I know, there is no such thing as too much paper, but my budget, unfortunately, says otherwise. I held them in my hands, and they were even on sale, but somehow left the store empty-handed. I noticed that the sale was on until the 30th of the month, so I still have a little time to change my mind.

I got the house cleaned today and my baking done for the kids' school festival. Plus, I ordered almost 300 prints from Winkflash (before the 99-cent shipping deal went away), so as long as I can keep myself away from the Disney sites tomorrow morning, I think I will actually attempt another layout.

No comments:

Post a Comment