Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Cherry Pie and Disney Scrapbooks

Birthday Season is over for another year in our house. We now officially have a nine-year-old and a six-year-old, with the six-year-old celebrating his birthday on 10-10-10. My family was in town for the weekend, so it was a whirlwind of activity. They actually left on Sunday morning, so my in-laws (who are local) took us out to dinner to celebrate. The birthday boy wanted to go to IHOP for dinner, so IHOP it was. Really, who can say no to breakfast for dinner anyway? What was more unusual is that he requested a cherry pie for his birthday "cake." He was so excited about the pie prospect, but admitted to me the next day that he really didn't like it much. As it turned out, it was the first time he had ever had cherry pie, which I suspected and was why I was surprised that's what he chose. I have to give him props for trying something new, though, and on his birthday no less.

With Birthday Season over, I am going to try and get back into scrapbooking mode. Recently, I've been working on my son's Disney World pages from our first trip this past April. Here's what I came up with for his Magic Kingdom layout:


Next I need to do my older son's pages. The trouble is, by working on this Disney stuff, I have caught the bug for another trip already. This morning, while the youngest was at school, I wasted what could have been valuable scrapbooking time researching 2011 rates for a repeat spring break Disney trip. My husband, who works at home on Tuesdays, was no doubt irritated at my research, getting excited for a trip that will likely not occur.

For now, I need to steer clear of vacation planning and simply get back to scrapping the vacation photos. And who knows? Maybe I'll need to clear the Disney 2010 photos out of the way to make room for the 2011 ones? I won't hold my breath...

No comments:

Post a Comment