Friday, October 1, 2010

Kid's Parties and No Time to Scrapbook

We are still in the midst of "birthday season." My oldest turned nine last Saturday. We went to the museum with family and then out to eat to celebrate. Tomorrow will be the boys' combined "friend party" at the laser tag place. I just hope my youngest isn't disappointed when he actually sees that it's mostly his brother's friends in attendance, and only one or two of his. I think it's hard being a kindergartner with a birthday fairly early in the school year. Maybe it's just harder on the parents. You don't know who your kid's friends are yet or any of the parents, so determining who to invite to a party is tough. Add to that the rule that kids aren't allowed to distribute invitations at school, and this gets to be an even more stressful undertaking. I hope they'll just be having so much fun playing laser tag that the youngest won't notice until after we get home, if at all, that there were fewer presents with his name on them. I seriously considered trying the "no gifts, please" route, but didn't think it would be fair to ask a six year old to make that sacrifice. Instead I will listen to him cry that his brother got six presents and he only got two, so it sounds like the sacrifice it mine.

Life sure has seemed to have gotten in the way of my scrapbooking lately, too. I started out this year like gangbusters, getting up to thirty pages completed in a month. September's total was eight. I know, I shouldn't complain since that's still more than some people do. What is making me a little sad, though, is I'm not missing it as much as I have during other "dry" spells.  Usually after a week of not being able to play with my toys, I start to experience something akin to withdrawal. That hasn't been happening lately. I think I need to make a point to get some scrapping in next week before I need to admit that I am no longer addicted.

No comments:

Post a Comment