Saturday, October 2, 2010

Birthday Party Successful!

This was the first time we had a birthday party for the kids outside the home, and I'm thinking it won't be the last. I called to make the reservation a few weeks ago, shopped for a few items for goody bags, and baked cupcakes last night. This morning we showed up at the laser tag place, gave them our name, and my work was done. The party coach did the rest. As a mom, I admit it felt a little strange to feel so detached from my children's celebration, but I think I got over it pretty well.

Yes, this was more expensive than having a party at home, which is why we decided to do a joint effort (an advantage of the boys having birthdays two weeks apart), but I'm thinking that the lack of stress involved was worth the cost. I think the boys all had a good time, and I was able to come home and not clean up after them. Well, of course I have to clean up after mine, but I didn't have ten boys to clean up after. This was a definite plus, especially after they seemed to decide making as much mess of their cupcake as possible was more fun than laser tag.
 The six-year-old (well, he'll be six next week)
The nine-year-old just has to be different

Thus completes round two of Birthday Season. It will conclude next Sunday, after my out-of-town family leaves and the youngest has his "official" birthday dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment