Wednesday, October 6, 2010

First Layout Post

I'm still quite new to the blogging world and have a lot to learn. Mainly I created my own blog to be able to share scrapbook pages with family and friends, and to say a little more than I could in a tweet (which I'm also still learning) or facebook status update. If anyone else happens to see and be mildly amused, great.

I have to admit I'm a little nervous about posting layouts for the world to see. Although I've been scrapping for years, I don't think my techniques have improved much. In my opinion, my pages still look much like a beginner. I think that's part of the reason I'm interested in posting them, though, so people can see that it's okay to be a scrapbooker and not have magazine-worthy pages.

This is my latest page for my younger son's album (I do albums for each of my children, as well as myself, but that's a story for another day).


This is a fairly typical layout for me. I've always put the emphasis on the photos and the journaling; the embellishment is secondary.

Well, I've gone and done it, and it wasn't so bad. Now I just need to find the time to be able to get some more done to be able to post in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment