Friday, January 27, 2012

Another Disney Day Complete!

I am so excited that I'm getting so much done this week on my Disney album. I put off this project for so long, so it's nice to see it finally taking shape. I am getting these pages done quickly and, unfortunately, they look it. I feel like they are looking the same, but my goal is preserving memories, not winning design contests.

A big help in letting me move along so fast is Amy Alvis's  4x6 Photo Sketch Blog. I've probably mentioned it before, but her sketches have been invaluable to me. If you are a traditional scrapper, I highly recommend checking out her blog. I turn to it almost every time I scrapbook, and if I don't use her sketches exactly, I usually base my pages on something I've seen there. When I know I've followed a sketch closely, I include the link in my page descriptions.

Today I finished the second full day of the trip. Something ironic I noticed when I was working on these pages is, for not actually doing much in World Showcase, we sure took a lot of pictures! I've got three more days to go, and I have no idea how all these pages are going to fit in the album I got at the parks. I'm not even halfway through, and I have 45 pages!

Here's the latest batch:

Sketch: Amy Alvis
Papers: DCWV
Cricut Cartridge: Jasmine
Sticker: Disney


Sketch: I used the same one as above, but flipped it, knowing that this page would be next to the China one in the album
Papers: More old stuff! Scrap Book Wizard
Cricut Cartridge: George and Basic Shapes
Sticker: Disney (actually a freebie in some junk mail)


Papers: DCWV
Cricut Cartridge: Calligraphy Collection
Sticker: Disney
Punch: EK Success


Papers: DCWV
Cricut Cartridge: Lyrical Letters
Sticker: Disney
Punch: EK Success

Papers; DCWV, Provo Craft
Cricut Cartridge: Lyrical Letters
Tag: Disney
Punch: EK Success


Papers: DCWV, Recollections
Cricut Cartridge: Mickey Font
Frame: Disney
Stamps: Hero Arts


Sketch: Amy Alvis (I made some minor changes for my layout, but I essentially stuck to this sketch)
Papers: DCWV
Sticker: Disney
Rub-ons: Making Memories


Papers: Paper Studio, Provo Craft
Stickers: Disney
Punch: Fiskars

No comments:

Post a Comment