Friday, February 18, 2011

Crafting Overload

I've felt a definite sense of crafting overload the past couple of days. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, as it means I've been blessed with the time to devote to crafting. Usually one craft takes precedence over another, or I feel more motivation for one over another.

The past few days, I've wanted to do them all. I finished knitting my latest baby blanket. My next project will be another blanket, this one a wedding gift. I bought the yarn for that today, but needed a needle project in the meantime. I generally do my scrapbooking during the day, before my brain has turned to mush. At night in front of the TV is when I prefer the soothing repetition of knitting. To keep my hands busy at night, I decided to attempt crochet again. I actually learned crochet from my grandmother when I was around ten years old, but never could understand the patterns. Figuring out crochet patterns has been a challenge, but one I've had some small success with. I finished crocheting my first Warm Up America square today. Since I'm ready to start knitting the new blanket, though, I think my new-found enthusiasm for crochet will head to the back burner.

During this time, I've still been cranking out scrapbook pages. I even did three today, but haven't taken the time to scan them yet. I think some of my scrapping motivation is from my friend's crop this weekend. Every President's weekend, she gets together with some of her high school friends for three days of catching up and scrapping. She is hosting this year, and invited me to join them. I couldn't commit to the whole weekend, so I thought it best to skip it. I couldn't bring myself to get organized enough to just go over for the evening, knowing I wouldn't get more than three pages done. Three is usually my max at at evening out scrapping. My process has become so streamlined over the years, I can easily get that much done at home and not have to pack up my stuff. Granted, there is definitely the social aspect of going to a crop, and I could certainly have used a girls night out, but I didn't want to feel like an intruder. I hope my friend gets lots of pages done, though, since this is her main scrapping time of the year. I don't want to have to tease her about getting more done sitting at home by myself. Maybe I will show up at her house tomorrow night--with my knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment