Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Finally Some Disney Pages!

With no other photos printed, I finally had no choice but to start on my Disney album. I feel like I am easing into, though, and starting with pages that are not overtly Disney, i.e. no character photos. I will admit that, now that I've finally started, I am slightly less intimidated by this project. With our next Disney vacation now less than eight weeks away, the chances of my completing this album before we leave are pretty slim, but I am glad I at least got it started. I actually found an old empty photo album that I put the prints in. I'm telling myself this will make it easier for me to decide on what layout to do next. I think it will be easier to flip through the photo album, rather than shuffling through stacks of prints, to see what I want. It has me feeling a little nostalgic for my early days as a scrapbooker, when I got a roll of film back from the developer and got to flip through the photos to decide which ones would go on a scrapbook page. Sometimes I think that was easier than my current process, where I need to click through hundreds of photos and then only order prints of the ones that I know are going to go on the page. Yeah, I think I am slowly talking myself into transitioning to digi scrapping.

Even though I am only four layouts into this album, I'm already procrastinating again. I realized when I ordered the prints for the album, I neglected to get prints of our Photopass photos. For those of you unfamiliar, Photopass is all the photos that the Disney photographers take of you in the parks. Their prints are outrageously expensive, but you can order a CD and get all the photos and then print them however you choose. It's still not cheap, but if you get a lot of pictures taken it's definitely more worth it. Since the photographers will often take the same picture with your own camera, I already had many similar photos. There are some, though, that I only had on the Photopass CD that I really want to include in the album (like us in front of Spaceship Earth at Epcot (the giant golf ball, for you non-Disney experts) or in front of Cinderella's castle with fireworks in the background). Since I am missing some of these integral photos, I somehow have it in my head now that I can't really get to work on this album until I get them printed. I am trying to overcome this obstacle and find pages to do that I know none of these photos will be needed for.

Okay, enough of my babbling. Here is what I have so far:

Papers: DCWV (and some really old ones, at that!)
Cricut Cartridges: Micky Font, Opposites Attract
Punch: Fiskars
Snaps: Making Memories

Papers: DCWV
Punch: Martha Stewart

Sketch: Amy AlvisPapers: DCWV
Cricut Cartridge: Opposites Attract
Punch: EK Success

Sketch: Amy AlvisPapers: DCWV, Provo Craft
Cricut Cartridge: Lyrical Letters

No comments:

Post a Comment