Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Knitting Instead of Scrapping

I didn't realize how long it had been since I posted. I guess it's because I haven't spent too much time scrapbooking lately. I've snuck in a page here and there to get my "fix" but I will definitely not end the year on a scrapping high note. I started 2010 like gangbusters, completing 40 pages in January alone! The numbers steadily dwindled, and I hope not to end the month with my current four pages (which I suppose isn't bad at all considering it is only the 7th).

As I'm sure is the case with many others, scrapbooking is not my only craft. I also knit, albeit not with the same passion as scrapbooking, but I do enjoy it. Currently I am in knitting mode. I knit dishcloths for teacher Christmas gifts and somehow I have extra teachers to knit for this year. My kindergartner has his teacher and a classroom aide. However, he now spends most of his morning in a first-grade classroom; this brings his teacher count to three. My fourth-grader has his regular classroom teacher, plus his gifted program teacher, which brings the grand total to five. I still have about two and a half cloths to knit. Then it's back to the baby blankets, but that's another story.

I think I will have to try and get some sanity-saving scrapbook time in the mornings over the next week and a half. My fourth-grader has our afternoons/evenings booked nearly solid until Christmas break starts on the 18th. When my boys were babies I had trouble understanding other parents who claimed they didn't have time for things because of their kids' activities (I always just brought my kids along to meetings, etc.). Now I get it. So in addition to being proud of all my son is doing, I am starting to mourn the loss of my own life. I have always strived to maintain my sense of self, especially as a stay-at-home mom. I never wanted to be one of those moms who was only about her kids, and I always thought I did pretty well at that.

On the up side, I think my Christmas shopping is finished, with the exception of taking my oldest out to choose a gift for his brother. With his schedule, though, this may prove to be a bigger challenge than finding a chance to scrapbook.

Here's one of my latest pages. I was dying to get into my new DCWV Christmas paper, so picked some photos from last year for my album (leaving the rest of 2009 woefully behind).

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lisa. Just letting you know I enjoy your blog and I hope your holidays are MERRY!

    ReplyDelete