Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Disney Album Finished!

I have--FINALLY!--finished my 2010 Disney scrapbook! It's been almost two years since the vacation, so it feels really good to finally have this trip "in the books." This was the biggest project I had ever undertaken for a single event, and I have to admit, I'm not in a hurry to repeat it. I have serious doubts about doing another traditional scrapbook for our Christmas 2011 Disney trip. That one just may be captured in a Shutterfly photo book.

Here are the last of the pages for this album. You may notice several things about them. One, it just may be obvious that I started to phone in these pages. I have always considered my style simple, but some of these are even beyond that. Another thing is, as I got closer to the end, I realized I still had a fair amount of 2010-themed items left. I knew I would have no use for them after this album was complete (I did the boys' pages on this trip long before now), so I started to go a little overboard with them. On the plus side, I did manage to use most of them up!

Next up: working towards getting the boys' albums caught up. With the exception of Aaron's Cub Scout album, I am now a year behind in their books. Plus, I need to start Caleb's Cub Scout album. I surely won't run out of things to do any time soon.

Papers: Disney, Provo Craft
Stickers: Disney
Punch: Fiskars

Sketch: Amy Alvis
Papers: Disney, Scrap Book Wizard
Cricut Cartridge: Calligraphy Collection
Stamps: Hero Arts

Paper and Stickers: Disney


Sketch: This was the basis. I've used this one on several other layouts and was working from memory. It took a little searching to find the actual sketch.
Papers: Disney, Provo Craft
Cricut Cartridge: Mickey Font
Letter Stickers: Provo Craft
Punch: Fiskars

Sketch: Amy Alvis (I flipped it, though)
Papers: Disney, Provo Craft
Stickers: Disney
Eyelets: Making Memories
Papers: Disney, DCWV
Cricut Cartridge: Mickey Font
Punch: EK Success
This is the last page of the album.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Lisa! You're so accomplished. I went to Disney back in the 80's and I do not think I have even one page to show for that trip. I also have to note that the boys looks so young, just two years ago,unbelievable. I do not think you went overboard on your embellishments. They add to the theme. I have not been to Florida for quite a while now and sometimes I forget just how blue the sky is, but your photos bring all that good weather to life. Thanks for sharing on your blog. I always enjoy reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Disney album looks great. My husband and I went in 2009 for our honeymoon and then I got pregnant with our son shortly after, so I have never got mine done talk about procrastinating!! LOL Your album has inspired me to finally finish mine.

    ReplyDelete