Friday, April 15, 2011

The Dream is Over

Well, our first cruise has come and gone. The Disney Dream is a beautiful ship and we had a wonderful time! A four night cruise definitely feels a little rushed, especially for newbies who want to check everything out. It seemed like we were always doing something and never really did get around to the relaxing part. A few more days on the ship would have helped that, I think.

We got home late last night, and I spent all day doing our laundry. At least while I was doing that, I was able to organize my photos. I got them all copied onto my computer and renamed the files. I even managed to post some of them on Facebook. We had a number of professional photos taken on the cruise, and I purchased the CD. I was disappointed to find that the second disc couldn't be installed. I sent an email to their customer service after their phone went unanswered (and FYI, the photographers are not employed by Disney). Hopefully I will get more than the automated response from them.

I did buy a scrapbook album and a kit, which has a few papers and some stickers. What I liked about this particular set is that it was dated 2011 and includes some "Inaugural Voyages" pieces. As usual, after a trip, I feel like I want to work on those scrapbook pages right away, but then I remember I am still stuck in 2009. I didn't take as many pictures on this trip, though, as I did during our Disney World vacation last year. I think the count for the cruise is a little over 300 photos between my new, waterproof point and shoot camera and my aging, yet beloved, Nikon D50. My poor Nikon had an accident a week before we left, though, and I broke my zoom lens. I still need to find a replacement, but fortunately, a photographer friend of mine had a lens he was willing to lend me.

Here is just a small sampling of photos from the trip:


This was in the terminal before we boarded the ship. The boys had no interest in character photos.

A view of the main pool area. Very tiny pools for such a large ship.


Our excursion in Nassau. The boys enjoyed this much more than the bus tour of the city which followed the zoo.


I was completely satisfied with how my new little Olympus Stylus Tough handled itself in the water.

Our whole gang before getting back on the ship at Castaway Cay.


One of the professional shots with the actual ship in the background, instead of a backdrop.


Another professional shot during dinner
We all dressed alike for Pirate Night. This was another pro shot.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you enjoyed your cruise. Welcome home. The photos are super, a nice glimpse of the Disney cruise experience.

    ReplyDelete